×

Not just another beauty blog...

Make-Up Monday: Weekly Beauty Essentials






Something a bit different for my Make-up Monday post today. Just thought I'd show you a few items that are my absolute must haves every week.

First up, the Good Things Five Minute Facial Face Mask which I did a full review of here. I love using face masks and use one at least once a week and at the moment this is by far my favourite. Next up the Boots Botanics Microdermabrasion Polish. I absolutely love a good microdermabrasion scrub, I think there is nothing better to make your skin glow and feel deliciously smooth ad as if you've just walked out of a fabulous beauty spa. Now I know not everyone is a big fan of scrubs for the face, and I don't advocate using them too much, but I think on a weekly basis a good scrub can do wonders. I do have a Clarisonic which I use most nights, but on the day I use this scrub I obviously pass on the Clarisonic step. I first discovered microdermasion scrubs when I got a sample of a Dermalogica one in a GlossyBox a while ago and had been meaning to try out some others for ages. I picked this one up in Boots about a month and a half ago and would highly recommend it. 

My third weekly essential is a good fake tan. What I tend to do is use fake tan once a week and then the rest of the time I will use a gradual tan to keep it topped up. A fake tan that I would recommend is the one pictured, the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Self Tanning Gel. This sinks in like an absolute dream and doesn't leave you feeling sticky. It does have a bit of a fake tan smell, but I personally don't mind that. I find that the colour lasts reasonably well, especially if you moisturise regularly and exfoliate before applying it. This one is also suitable for the face and it has never caused me any problems in terms of breakouts or clogged pores.

Number four on the weekely essentials list is a hair mask. At the moment I am using (or trying to use up, more to the point) the Tresemme Split Remedy mask, which I purchased when I was going through my hair experiment to try and rescue it. This mask is alright, I haven't noticed great things from it, it makes my hair a bit smoother and less tangly when I use it but I wouldn't recommend it above any other hair mask on the high street. I am definitely looking in to trying out some more high end masks in the future because I've not yet found one that I really love. 

The fifth product is a brush cleanser. Now, I do know that you're supposed to wash your brushes every time you use them, but to be honest I just don't have the time or energy. I know there are people out there that are fastidious when it comes to brush cleaning and I do admire them, but personally I feel that once a week is enough! I'm only using them on my own face, it's not as if I'm doing other people's make up with them, and I very rarely have any active breakouts so for me, once a week is fine. I use the MAC Brush Cleanser which I would highly recommend, I feel like it does a really thorough job and claims to condition brushes as it cleans. 

The last two products are a cuticle remover and a pair of tweezers. It's recommended on the back of the cuticle remover to use it once a week, so that's exactly what I do. I use the one from the Boots Salon range, as recommended by Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup and find that it works very well indeed. The tweezers I use are the Tweezerman 'Petite Tweeze' ones which I've had for years. I find that a once a week eyebrow up-keep routine works fine for me, just to get out any stray hairs and keep them looking how I want them to. 

So there we have it, a little insight to my weekly essentials and beauty routine, I hope you found it interesting! I'm sure I've probably missed something really important out but these are the main things I could think of. If you have any additions I would love to hear them so leave me a comment below :)! I hope you're all having a great day and I shall talk to you again soon! 

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine