×

Not just another beauty blog...

Wednesday Review: GOSH Long Lasting Brow Pen








Ok. Now. I have been on the lookout for so long for an eyebrow product that doesn't make my eyebrows orange and let me tell you, it ain't easy. For a long time I have been using the HD Brows kit, using the colour Ash Brown and sometimes Nude, but I always found them just a tad too orange-tastic. I have eyebrows that are about the same colour as my hair (medium-ish blonde), possibly a tad darker, and I just struggle so much to get something that is neutral to use on my brows. So, when I saw Estee, from essiebutton.com (who has perfect eyebrows!), talking about the GOSH Long Lasting Brown Pen in a lot of her videos I thought I would give it a go. I went for the colour 004 Wheat (they don't have a great selection) and at first I was really pleased with it. The fine marker pen thingy makes it super easy to get a defined brow, especially at the tail end when it can sometimes not be quite precise enough, and the colour has not a hint of orange about it. So all in all, everything seemed pretty good. 

However, I have a warning. Now I'm not saying that this would put me off buying it again, I might just have to be a bit more careful, but this did make my eyebrows look green after wearing it for about 4 (ish) hours. The thing is it has a green undertone to it as opposed to orange and if the brown colour happens to wear off throughout the day, say if it's hot or you have oily skin, it can leave you with a bit of a green tinge. Which, let's face it, isn't really the look most of us would want to go for. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or if it's just me, but I just wanted to give you all a heads up if you were thinking of trying it. I would still say go for it, I've had mine for about a month now and it's still going strong and hasn't dried up, which was something I was worried it would do. It costs £6.49 from Superdrug and it does work really well, you just have to be careful and keep an eye on your brows throughout the day.

Please do let me know if any of you have a product that you swear by for your brows, I feel like I'm still on the hunt for the perfect one. I think I might be a bit picky! Anyway, hope you're all good! I'm off to Cornwall for a holiday today but I'm hoping I'll still be able to post from where I'm staying, so I shall say speak soon and goodbye for now! 

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine