×

Not just another beauty blog...

Laura Mercier Shimmer Neutrals Eye Trio Palette

This was a bit of an impulse purchase whilst I was down in Egham recently visiting my BF. I was browsing t'interwebs, as you do, and came across this Shimmering Neutrals Eye Trio for the bargain price of £20 from House of Fraser. It's in the sale because it's not current season, but the colours you get in it are, as the name would suggest, neutral and therefore wearable all year round. 

I did have my eye on the Free Spirit baked eye-shadow palette from the Arabesque collection, and after visiting the Laura Mercier counter down in Windsor my desire for it deepened. However, as is always the case I knew I shouldn't really have been spending money on more make-up, so I managed to drag myself away with my card unharmed. But, alas, I could not resist the temptation of a good bargain later that evening. You only live once! Can't take it with you and all that!

L-R: Warm Sands, Sundown, Ground Espresso
Warm Sands
Sundown
Ground Espresso

The three shades that you get in this customizable palette are 'Warm Sands', 'Sundown' and 'Ground Espresso' tightline cake eyeliner. As you can probably guess from the names, this is a very warm toned palette which I like. The shadows are very soft, but not the most pigmented shadows I've ever used. Still very usable and wearable though. The star of the palette for me is probably the tight-line cake eyeliner, I've not used one of these before but I am a big fan of a gel eyeliner so was interested to see how this would compare. To use, you have to wet whichever brush you're using and this "activates" it. It's very easy to use and I love the dark brown colour which helps to bring out the blue in my eyes. 

Overall, a very nice palette and very useful as I can buy more individual eyeshadows, blushes or eyeliners to swap in when I feel like it. Well worth the £20. 

Sophie

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin'!

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine