×

Not just another beauty blog...

Evening Skincare Routine


Evening skincare routines are always highly anticipated in the beauty blogging world, as they're often the beefiest part of any beauty obsessives arsenal and something that I over here at D&E get rather excited about. The ritual of spending those fifteen or so minutes taking care of your skin and getting it ready for those crucial restorative hours at night is, for me, relaxing and enjoyable. The skincare included in my evening routine is, for the most part, stuff that I've used for quite a while, although there are other things I use fairly regularly that aren't included, the Neutrogena 2-in1 wash and mask and the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, for example. 

I always do a double cleanse to make sure every scrap of make-up is removed, and for that I start of with the absolute cult beauty product, Bioderma. Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know that this mild micellar solution is the fave for removing both face and eye make-up and makes a perfect first step to any cleansing routine. Once I've completed this step, I move onto my good old Clarisonic Mia, which more often than not I'll use with the Clarins Daily Energizer Gel cleanser. An absolute HG product of mine, this leaves my skin soft and refreshed, without feeling overly dry. 

Once I'm happy that all my makeup has been removed, I'll move on to a relatively new step in my routine, which is this Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner. I've been looking to add in a toning step to my routine, and I was actually going to get the Clarins exfoliating toner, but saw this in Boots and thought I'd give it a go. It has natural AHA's from the hibiscus flower in it, giving the skin a gentle exfoliation, as well as preparing it for moisturiser. So far I'm impressed with it, although I'm not sure if it has been drying my skin out a bit. I'll keep you posted. 

After that, it's on to the best bit - treatments. Not included in this post is the Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight mask, mainly because I use it very infrequently, but I'll pop it in just here to let you know that if my skin is feeling particularly parched I will use it (I should probably use it later, but unfortunately I left it at home whilst visiting the boyf). If I'm not using that, however, I'll start off with the bareMinerals Skin Rev-er Upper, which is a concoction of skin-loving vitamins as well as salicylic and glycolic acids, which really do work overnight to make your skin look glowing and refreshed. I've been using this for about two or three months now and it is definitely a keeper. I'll warn you that it doesn't have the best scent in the world, but if it works then it's worth it eh? I'll follow that with a moisturiser, and if you read my March Beauty Favourites you'll know the Clarins Daily Energizer Cream-Gel is my moisturiser of choice. This is a sample I have because I'm away and didn't want to lug around a huge glass jar with me, but seriously, you should try it! After I've let that sink in for a few minutes, I'll go on to use either the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate or the Clarins Liquid Bronze face tanner.  I'll use each one pretty much every other night and I find that this routine works really well to maintain a healthy glow without looking overly orange-faced. 

Another product that isn't pictured here which I use in times of need, is the Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Spot Treatment Gel, for when you get a pesky spot that won't budge.

So, there we have it! A rather long post, but all necessary of course. I'm sure all you beauty-nuts out there will agree! I'm pretty happy with my routine at the moment, but of course that urge to try out new products will never go away, so let me know what your routine is and I might have to look into it! 

Sophie 

Clarins Daily Energizer Cleanser and Moisturiser

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin'!

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine