×

Not just another beauty blog...

The Face: Spring Edit


With the relatively nice weather we've had in the past couple of weeks (which seems to be leaving us now, boo), I've managed to crack out a couple of Spring appropriate make-up looks using some good old favourites. Sticking to light, creamy textures and bright pops of colour has meant I have definitely been getting in the Spring mood. Now we just need it to stick around...

It's always nice to keep things simple when the weather hots up, so first up I'll moisturise (sometimes only with this, sometimes after a different moisturiser) with the Origins Vitazing. This is a product I use on and off, but when I do use it I certainly notice more of a glow and a slight warmth to the skin. On me it isn't too orangey, but I know some of you paler girls out there might find it a bit dark. Then it's on to a BB cream, and today it is the Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector. I used this so much last year, along with the original one from them, both of which I really like. Neither of them last all that long but it's something I don't mind putting up with in order to get that dewy skin look. A quick sweep of the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer (which I don't like but am using up) under the eyes and that's base done. (I did actually add a light dusting of powder over everything just to set things in place). 

Then it's on to cheeks and, depending on my mood, I'll either go for the Stila Convertible Colour in 'Gladiola' or the Topshop cream blusher in 'Head Over Heels'. The Stila one leaves a much more dewy finish to the skin, whereas the Topshop one dries down to more of a powdery finish. I love both colours a lot, but I definitely wear the Stila one more, and that's what I chose today. To add some warmth to my skin, I'll pop some of the Topshop 'Desert Sun' blush and bronze duo onto my cheekbones and temples. I love this product, I've had it for years now and because the bronzer colour is so subtle with a slight sheen, it's impossible to go over the top, so you always look natural. 

For eyes, a quick sweep of the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze' is perfect, smudged under the lash line for a bit of smokiness as well, and you're good to go. A few coats of mascara, this one being the bareMinerals Curl and Lengthen mascara, and the look is almost complete. For lips, I like to pop some of the Stila cream blusher on, which, by the way, works extremely well on both lips and cheeks in my opinion, followed by a sweep of this absolutely gorgeous Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in #70 'Sourire', which has subtle golden shimmers running through it, making your lips look full and beautiful. 

And that's it (minus an eyebrow powder, but that's boring!), my Spring Face for you all! I'd love to know what you're using now the weather has finally warmed up a bit. Do you change products dramatically from Winter to Spring, or do you tend to keep them pretty much the same? 

Sophie

p.s. I don't think I've quite got the hang of taking selfies yet ;)!

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin'

No comments

Copyright © Sophie ElgarCREATED BY ThemeShine